USB music Player
The latest system software update has left PS4 owners stuck with the console's media player.
April 25, 2015 – 02:35 pm
If you're searching for the USB music player app following the PS4 system software update 3.00, then prepare to be disappointed - Sony has removed it from the console.
The USB music player was used by many as an alternative to the PS4's lackluster media player, allowing users to play their music using a USB external drive. The app was introduced in the system software update 2.00, but now that update 3.00 has rolled around, it is nowhere to be found.
The discovery was noted by a user on Reddit, : "I just updated and no longer have the usb app. I never used the media player before this update because in order to switch music tracks during games I was forced to suspend the game. The usb app didnt do that and was much easier to use.
"Now there are extra menu's to go through, and I have to pause the game. That's of course something I don't want to do while playing online."
The user also notes how the removal of the USB app impacts upon listening to music while live streaming, writing: "I'd also like to add this killed streaming my music while broadcasting. Before I could listen to my music while broadcasting but the music just wouldnt play for viewers.Now, since I'm forced to use the media player the music shuts off while streaming since the media player shuts it down. Now I wont bother streaming games where I want to listen to my own music. Good job Sony."
Sony didn't reveal that the USB music player app would be removed prior to the launch of the update, and hasn't commented upon its absence since the update went live. We'll update this story if we hear any more news of the app's future on the PS4.
You might also like
GOLON RX 686Q USB/SD Music Player
Ps4 2.0 Update Usb Music Player
Docooler Bluetooth Speaker Micro Sd/tf Card USB Disk Music Player Mp3/4 Audio Amplifier Fm Radio
- Supports micro SD/TF card, USB flash disk, FM Radio, Bluetooth hands-free call function, etc. HiFi & clear loud sound output with earphone output port.
- Universal for all Bluetooth-enabled devices such as iPhone/iPad, Samsung galaxy S4/S3/Note 2, other Android smartphones, tablet PCs, etc.
- Also supports LINE IN function, receiving audio source from MP3, MP4, tablet PC, Notebook, iPod, iPhone, etc.
- Built-in MIC enables you to make a handsfree call, let you stay away from radiation. Build-in high sensitivity FM radio frequency module, the signal is excellent.
- Powered by built-in high capacity rechargeable battery, support long time music playing. Compact and portable design, perfect for both home use and travel use.
Soundfly AUX MP3 Player Car Fm Transmitter for SD Card, USB Stick, Mp3 Players (iPod, Zune, Sansa) with Remote Control
Network Media Player (Satechi)
- 1.5 inch Black LCD screen shows playing time, artist name, song name, folder name.
- Transmits on all FM frequencies (88.1MHz-107.9MHz) - Memorizes up to 4 FM frequencies
- Simple plug & play - Powers on automatically and powers off with button - Reads MP3 including Audio Book Mp3s
- USB port & SD slot & 3.5mm stereo input - 3.5mm cable included for use with iPod, Zune
- Remote features: Folder shift - Fast Forward & Rewind - Repetition of defined Section
smart Arduino USB diy wireless music player cool
Sound Music Player mit USB in China bestellt
HyperPS - Bluetooth Mini Super Bass Speaker - Supporting Micro SD Card/USB Thumb Drive slots & Microphone for Phone call (Metallic Silver)
- Perfect for Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, MacBook, all Android smartphones, Samsung Galaxy S4 & S5, Kindle Fire HD, all tablets, laptop, computer and MP3 player
- Built-in Mp3 Player Supporting to Play from Micro SD Card / USB Thumb Drive & Microphone for Handfree Phone call as Speakerphone
- Powerful loud super bass with 3W speaker output for premium quality audio whether you are at home, in the office or on the beach
- Up to 30 feet (10m) operation range for ultimate wireless freedom
- Powerful 450mAh lithium polymer battery for up to 5 hours of music playing time
Grace Digital Message and Music on Hold USB Digital MP3 Player, Silver (GDI-USBM10)
CE (Grace Digital)
- Plug and play -The included USB drive is preloaded with 6 hours of royalty - free music and standard thank you for holding messages
- Auto play after power loss. The GDI-USBM10 automatically starts playing after power is restored
- Built-in speaker - Monitor the audio on the device directly via the built-in speaker
- Industrial strength- High quality metal enclosure and electronics for the demanding business environment. Place on a shelf or easily mount to any surface
- Connectivity- RCA mono audio output with 8 / 600 ohm switch for optimal sound to your phone system
- Auto Play Automatically Starts Playing After Power Is Restored
- Includes - Free Grace Music master software for PC (Windows 7, Vista, XP), 512 MG USB thumb drive preloaded with 6 hours of royalty-free music, rca cables, mini...
- included power adapter - 110 / 220 VAC - 9VDC @ 500mA AC
Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound Wireless Portable Speaker with Radio function, USB and TF card port, Works for Ipad, Iphone, Samsung, Huawei and Other Music Players, Black
Network Media Player (PEACOCK)
- New Bluetooth 3.0 Technology allows any enable Bluetooth devices to connect wirelessly to the Bluetooth Speaker from up to 33 feet away. Seamlessly stream and share...
- Built-in 1800 mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery up to 10 hours of playtime. Built-in HD microphone for hands-free speaker phone calling. The Bluetooth speaker is also...
- Support Micro SD Card /TF card insert/ USB/ 3.5mm audio line in are acceptable, the sport portable Bluetooth speaker supports MP3, WMA, WAV, APE and FLAC format...
- The wireless Bluetooth speaker is constructed with a high rubberized shell with bowling design. The loudspeaker perfects for camping trip and sports outdoor or indoor...
- Colorful LED flash lights dance to the beat and volume of your music via wireless streaming from speaker system. speaker size: 21cmx6cm/8 x2 ; Weight: 13 oz
How To Get Back Lost Memory From A USB music player?? | Yahoo Answers
format is the only thing i can think of. right click it
Are USB Music Players the future?
As somebody correctly pointed out the other day, the narrow rectangle connection implies that the player is fully controlling the USB-connected device, (whereas the square connector implies that the attached is controlling the computer via a device driver). The former usually permits only a very simple device, e.g. a flashdrive or maybe an external HD formated FAT32 and having only a root directory, no subdirectories. It is very important to read the player documenation to understand exactly what its capabilities are -- otherwise you might be disappointed.
whats the cost of USB music player in U.S.A? | Yahoo Answers
the one that i have seen cost about $20-$40. one of my friends has one and it was about $30